Friday, December 10, 2010

Appliqued Onesies

I'm co-hosting a baby shower tomorrow for a friend I met on the first day of kindergarten - in the advanced reading group, thank you very much.  And now, we live on the opposite side of the state from where we grew up, but just 10 minutes apart from each other.  She is one of the busiest people I know, so I am ALMOST positive she won't look at this before the party.  I found a great deal on the newborn onesies with the cuffs on the hands (If I was OPRAH, I'd give them away on my Favorite Things show!).  So, I picked up a few, and got to work with some of my favorite fabric scraps - vintage and new.  This is a NO PINK sort of family (that is, until she arrives and loves pink!).

 We live in San Diego - Day of the Dead is BIG business down here.  I LOVE it!
 This vintage fabric is too cute, although I can't remember where I got it!
 The hedgehog (a running inside joke in my family) is by far my favorite vintage-inspired fabric here.
Monday - a picture of the cake I make.  IF it turns out close to how it looks in my mind.

Baby.Got.Craft.

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

2 comments:

  1. Please post the cake, regardless! Love the onesies, especially the sugar skull and hedgehog. Give my "congrats" to Jodi and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah,Día de los Muertos! Awesome, that cool spaceship vintage fabrics is perfect for onesies! All vert cool!

    ReplyDelete